Do you want to prepare your soil for the next season? Although Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate can be applied to your soil any time from spring to fall, applying it in the fall after your harvest is something that will greatly benefit your next year’s yield. Just like in spring, applying Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate to your lawns, gardens, plantations, and agricultural land can help you take advantage of the seasonal moisture that is crucial for the conditioning of your soil. The best part about Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate, also commonly known as gypsum, is that it is soluble, so once you shower your soil with its goodness, all you have to do is to sit back and relax while waiting for the next season.
If you meet a professional farmer, you will find that applying Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate in the fall season has many benefits, for instance:
- Adding Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate in your soil in the fall restocks calcium and sulfur for the next year’s yield.
- Farmers use Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate to build proper soil structure for a better ROI.
- Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate improves soils that are high in sodium.
- Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate is great for balancing soil that is high in magnesium and treats aluminum toxicity.
- You can eliminate the crustiness of your soil and make it less dense by adding Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate in the fall season.
- Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate reduces runoff and erosion.
- Having Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate in your soil is great for water infiltration and aeration.
- You can improve the overall quality of your soil and hence the yield by adding Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate. Research shows that when Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate is added to the soil in fall, it not only conditions the soil for the next crops, but the Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate along with important nutrients remain present for the spring plantations.
Farmers no more rely on the free Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate that Mother Nature provides through rainwater. While the fertilizers do not supply as much sulfur as required by the soil, sulfur is continuously removed from the soil after each cultivation cycle. As per a study, the soil samples tested 10 years ago had over 30 ppm of soluble sulfur, which has drastically gone down to somewhere between 5ppm to 8 ppm in soil samples today. Crops need sulfur and with our yearly yields increasing, the soil needs more sulfur than ever before. But the thing is, in order for the crops and other plantations to benefit from the added sulfur, the sulfur needs to be in the form of sulfate. So, how do we protect our soil and ensure that it has ample sulfate? The answer is simple: use EcoGEM® Soil Enhancer which has all the Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate your soil needs to protect and restock your soil and produce high yields.
When you apply Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate, or in other words EcoGEM® Soil Enhancer in fall, the sulfate stays in power in the soil even during the winter season, and hence is readily available for your spring crops. As per researchers at the School of Environment and Natural Resources in The Ohio State University, the sulfate in Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate or gypsum stays in the soil profile for 6 months after application. Another research in North Carolina documented that sulfate stays in the soil even after 200 days of its last application. All these studies and research lead us to a very important fact: fall is a great time to protect your soil with Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate.
Adding the EcoGEM® Soil Enhancer in your soil not only restores the natural properties of your soil by improving the soil structure and balancing the soil chemistry, but it also contains natural Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate along with other important nutrients that are highly beneficial for your crops, plants, and gardens.
EcoGEM®’s Soil Enhancer is available in our online store and is delivered directly to your doorstep through our prompt free shipping services. For more information, get in touch with EcoGEM® today at (303) 500-6944.