We all search for that perfect lawn. We work for it. We show it off. We live in it, play in it, relax in it.
- Improve the ability of your soil to increase its oxygen and water holding capacity in your lawn and garden.
- EcoGEM’s Soil Enhancer loosens compacted soils by flocculating (separating clumps and binding them together as loose and porous aggregates) clay particles which creates microscopic channels in the soil that improves water uptake as well as the root systems ability to uptake oxygen and moisture and nutrients, thus stimulating grass to be greener or and plants to be more beautiful.
- Keep your lawn and garden green all summer long!
- EcoGEM’s Soil Enhancer helps increase the rate of water infiltration into the soil by 3-5 times and holds the water for your lawn… more water gets to the root zone. This means you can reduce water usage up to 30%, possibly saving on your water bill, on treated areas in your garden or lawn. This is especially helpful in those areas of the country that restrict water usage during hot summer months!
- Improve the fertility of your soil and provide for healthier, fuller and more beautiful plants.
- Delivers as much as 22% calcium and 18% sulfur for root uptake…both minerals are essential for healthy soil structure and in maintaining proper cell division and elongation, cell wall development, proper enzyme activity and balanced starch metabolism for your plants. This makes your grass and plants healthier and looking great!
- Reduce the cost and amount of your fertilizer and still reap the benefits of what you use.
- EcoGEM’s Soil Enhancer improves the root uptake of macronutrients (nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium) -improving plant health, plant nutrition, and providing cost savings because you will need less fertilizer to get the same results.
- Some soils are high in sodium or irrigation water is salty, making it difficult to grow healthy, beautiful and plush gardens and lawns.
- EcoGEM’s Soil Enhancer detoxifies soils with high salt content by displacing harmful sodium with calcium and allowing the sodium to leach deeper in the soil. Soil Enhancer will create a more porous soil which loosens up compacted soil, reduces water ponding, and enables plants to grow to their fullest potential.
- I am being told that there is already a lot of calcium in my soil. Why should I apply more?
- Not all calcium is soluble. Calcium Carbonate – Limestone -, for example, is not soluble. As a result, this insoluble calcium is not available to the plant’s roots – it cannot be absorbed by the plant – and, therefore, cannot provide the vital nutrient of calcium to the plant.
- If you are requesting a soil analysis, request a test for active or soluble or extractable calcium. Without extractable calcium your plants/crops will not grow as they should. The insoluble calcium is not providing any benefits to your plant/crop.
- Both gypsum (Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate) and anhydrite (Calcium Sulfate) have the same solubility of 0.205 grams per 100 grams water (2019 CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics). This has also been verified by many field trials by soil scientists, agronomists, and western farmers. The solubility of 0.205 grams per 100 grams water equates to: 0.205 grams/100 grams water = 0.0171 pounds per gallon = 5,575 pounds per acre foot water. Therefore, the maximum solubility of gypsum or anhydrite in one acre foot water (325,851 gallons) is 5,575 pounds.
- Limestone (calcium carbonate) is 150 times less soluble than gypsum and effectively insoluble. This means it provides no direct benefits to the plant, although Limestone is very necessary in acidic soils, and should never be used if soil pH is above 6.4.
- EcoGEM Soil Enhancer Ag Grade is a dihydrate with small particle size and will provide your soil with extractable, soluble Calcium without impacting your pH. .
Lawn and Garden
If you are looking to enhance the soil of your lawn and garden, your search ends with EcoGEM. Organic gypsum has been used for hundreds of years for crops and plants. Our Agronomists can review your soil analysis and recommend the right application rates for your lawn and garden.
Our Organic gypsum is sourced locally and responsibly. Our lawn and garden products are consistent. We work hard to ensure that when you use our lawn and garden products to enhance your soil, you will see the positive results. We also work to ensure a positive experience with our lawn and garden customer service support team. We look forward to being a help to you and answering any questions and concerns you have regarding our lawn and garden products.
Some of the lawn and garden products that we offer include:
- Soil Enhancer
- Organic gypsum
- Lawn and garden products
- Turf management
Call EcoGEM when it comes to your needs for your lawn and garden. We have the right product to beautify your lawn and garden.